"Of all the resources available to worship leaders, this is the best. . . . The liturgies for each Sunday are exceptionally well-written and grounded in language that resonates with Scripture." —Presbyterian Outlook
Based on the Revised Common Lectionary (RCL), the Feasting on the Word Worship Companion series provides liturgical pieces used in preparing for worship. Written and compiled by an ecumenical team of seven seasoned liturgy writers, this resource offers a multitude of poetic prayers and responsive readings for all parts of worship. During times of the year when two different tracks of Old Testament texts are offered by the RCL, this resource offers an entire set of materials for each track.
Each volume includes access to the digital files for the content, which enables worship planners to easily cut and paste readings, prayers, questions for reflection, and household prayers for morning and evening into worship bulletins. This set contains both volumes for Year A.
Liturgy writers include:
- Kimberly L. Clayton, Director of Contextual Education, Columbia Theological Seminary, Decatur, Georgia; Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)
- David Gambrell, Associate for Worship in the Office of Theology and Worship, Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), Louisville, Kentucky; Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)
- Daniel M. Geslin, Pastor, The United Church of Christ in Simi Valley, Simi Valley, California; United Church of Christ
- Kimberly Bracken Long, Liturgical Scholar and Minister in the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)
- L. Edward Phillips, Associate Professor of Worship and Liturgical Theology, Candler School of Theology, Atlanta, Georgia; United Methodist Church
- Melinda Quivik, Liturgical Scholar, St. Paul, Minnesota; Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
- Carol L. Wade, Dean of Christ Church Cathedral, Lexington, Kentucky; Episcopal Church