|Follow Me: Biblical Practices for Faithful Living is a thirty-six-unit curriculum based on practices Jesus did and taught us to do as faithful followers. Written for people of all ages who wish to live out their faith, this new curriculum examines where these practices are found in the Bible and how they have been used in Christian faith then and now.
The Adult Leader's Guide works together with the Adult Reflection Guide to form a session for a small group. Each participant needs an Adult Reflection Guide to participate in the session. Learn more about the Adult Reflection Guide. There is background information on each practice, a lesson plan for each session, resource pages for each session that may be reproduced, or used electronically with the participants in your congregation. The guide includes further background information for the leader on the practice through the Foundational Essay. For more information on the foundational essay check out the Congregational Guide.
The flow of the session:
- Getting Started provides an opening ritual for each session.
- Introducing the Practice invites participants to encounter an aspect of the practice.
- Finding the Practice in the Bible explores how the practice was lived by Jesus (Gospels), his faith tradition (Old Testament/Hebrew Scriptures), and his followers (New Testament).
- Finding the Practice Then and Now names how the practice has been lived out by Christians through the centuries.
- Practicing the Practice provides activities to try out the practice.
- Following Jesus sends participants out to follow Jesus.